Whether you are new to the property ladder or an experienced buyer, seller and investor, there are a few things you should keep in mind when considering property in Nannup.
1. Speak with your financial advisor or mortgage broker to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
2. Think about what you want in a property. What size property do you need? What size property can you manage, now and in to the future? Would you like something in town or something a bit more rural? Pasture or bush? Riverfront or high country? Farm or lifestyle? You can take advantage of our free property matching service here.
3. Research sales in the area. Inspect properties that interest you so you have a feel for the prices and the kinds of properties available. If you’d like to see what’s been selling, why not visit our SOLD page?
4. Develop a relationship with one of our professional team. Your Nannup Real Estate Sales Consultant will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need and also inform you how you can register on our website to automatically receive notification of any new listings that hit the market.
5. If you are considering making an offer, we recommend that you contact your Nannup Real Estate Sales Consultant promptly who can guide you if you are in any way unsure of the process.
6. Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a deposit. Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement.
7. Any conditions such as finance, building survey and termite inspections etc then need to be done so that the Contract can become unconditional.
8. Once unconditional the Contract proceeds towards settlement. Your Conveyancer will guide you through the steps you need to take. It is important to complete and sign all forms given to you by your Conveyancer and return them promptly.
9. In the week leading up to settlement it is advisable that you carry out a final inspection and sign off on it before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it, and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed.
10. If you have questions – don’t be afraid to ask! Property dealings are often complicated and if you aren’t familiar with the processes it can be confusing or even intimidating. We are here to help you and to guide you. We live here in Nannup and it’s a small, close-knit community so we’ll be among your neighbours which gives us a vested interest in you being happy with your new home – and with us, so we’ll always do our best to steer you right.